DASAN Zhone Solutions, Inc. – (NASDAQ: DZSI) is a global provider of ultra-broadband network access solutions and communications platforms deployed by advanced Tier 1, 2 and 3 service providers and enterprise customers. Our solutions are deployed by over 900 customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. Our ultra-broadband solutions are focused on creating significant value for our customers by delivering innovative solutions that empower global communication advancement by shaping the internet connection experience. Every connection matters, and the first connection to the internet and cloud services applications matters the most. Our principal focus is centered around enabling our customers to connect everything and everyone to the internet-cloud economy via ultra-broadband connectivity solutions.
We research, develop, test, sell, manufacture and support platforms in five major areas: broadband access, mobile backhaul, Ethernet switching with Software Defined Networking (“SDN”) capabilities, new enterprise solutions based on Passive Optical LAN (“POL”), and new generation of SDN/ Network Function Virtualization (“NFV”) solutions for unified wired and wireless networks. We have extensive regional development and support centers around the world to support our customer needs.
Dasan Zhone Solutions, Inc. (DZS) is actively seeking SENIOR PRODUCT LINE MANAGER – L2 L3 SWITCHING PRODUCTS. This team member will be located in Oakland, CA and will report to Director of Product Line Management.
Job Summary, Key Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Individuals holding Senior Product Line Managers positions operate under some supervision, are expected to meet strategic cost and revenue objectives for their portfolio segment, are typically given significant latitude for independent judgment, and must be willing to do what it takes to make the business successful in the following key areas:
- Business Planning, Vision, Strategy, and Tactics – Ability to set a vision for the product or product line, determine strategy and tactics that are executable in light of SWOTs. Understanding the target markets and customers for the market and ability to translate market/customer requirements into product features. Ability to discern between real product/market needs and specific customer wants and needs.
- Product Development, Release Planning and Life Cycle Management – Ability to continually manage the program stack, establish and modify priorities and define new instances of products and/or releases to achieve overall business objectives. Manage product enhancements and costs throughout the life of a product. Develop sound product withdrawal and migration plans.
- Customer Situation Analysis and Problem Solving – Manage product development cycles and when things do not go according to plan (i.e. product problems and unforeseen competitive threats), have the capability to understand the situation, develop plans for resolution and ensure the problem is resolved.
- Business Fundamentals – Knowledge of business fundamentals including financial and cost accounting. Ability to understand the impact of products on our customer’s business and to articulate it by creating business cases with cost/benefit analysis.
- Collateral & Content Generation (Messaging, Presentations, White papers, etc) – Ability to perform analysis of the business situation (channels, competitive landscape, etc.), to develop collateral to position DZS for the win, and to develop content and messaging that positions the product in different market segments.
- Customer/Sales Force Interaction – Ability to support sales force through telephone, e-mail and face-to-face interactions, and to make presentations with clarity and enthusiasm with all levels of management, including C-level.
- Price Quote Analysis – Ability to analyze a price quote in light of current business conditions and to make justifiable approval/disapprove decision.
- Collaboration – Ability to collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, customer service, as well as Business Development and Development of Strategic Partnerships – Pursue strategic business relationships with the objective of placing DZS products into key markets.
- Tools – working knowledge of business tools like Microsoft Power Point, Word, and Excel and demonstrable ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- More than 5-years minimum of demonstrated product management experience managing the full lifecycle of product line from market requirement definition, to product release, to product retirement.
- Demonstrated experience with Layer 2, Layer 3 Ethernet switching products lines, including hardware, software feature definitions, industry trends, competitor landscape and key ecosystem elements for Enterprise, Carrier and Datacenter markets.
- Demonstrated understanding of power, thermal, and space implications when making decisions about new designs and solutions.
- Demonstrated highly effective at managing multiple vendors across multiple time zones to coordinate release efforts.
- Foreign language proficiency is a bonus with preference given to those fluent in Korean.
- Proficient operating in a position of exceedingly high visibility.
- 25% travel can be expected.