DASAN Zhone Solutions, Inc. – (NASDAQ: DZSI) is a global provider of ultra-broadband network access solutions and communications platforms deployed by advanced Tier 1, 2 and 3 service providers and enterprise customers. Our solutions are deployed by over 900 customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. Our ultra-broadband solutions are focused on creating significant value for our customers by delivering innovative solutions that empower global communication advancement by shaping the internet connection experience. Every connection matters, and the first connection to the internet and cloud services applications matters the most. Our principal focus is centered around enabling our customers to connect everything and everyone to the internet-cloud economy via ultra-broadband connectivity solutions. We research, develop, test, sell, manufacture and support platforms in five major areas: broadband access, mobile backhaul, Ethernet switching with Software Defined Networking (“SDN”) capabilities, new enterprise solutions based on Passive Optical LAN (“POL”), and new generation of SDN/ Network Function Virtualization (“NFV”) solutions for unified wired and wireless networks. We have extensive regional development and support centers around the world to support our customer needs.
Position: Senior Revenue Accountant
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the successful candidate in this role must have a strong knowledge of revenue recognition guidance, the ability to interpret complex revenue arrangements and proven revenue and deferred revenue expertise. This role will require a hands-on candidate that is detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills and technical knowledge on revenue recognition.
- Perform review of revenue contracts, identify deliverables, and allocate contract consideration to the separate units of accounting in accordance with ASC 606 – Revenue from Contracts with Customers (ASC 606)
- Prepare various ongoing analysis such as Standalone Selling Price analysis, Gross Margin analysis, and other analysis for management and financial reporting purposes.
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Responsible for month end/quarter end close tasks relating to revenue (and other related accounts) including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with diverse and cross functional teams, domestically and internationally
- Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of internal controls surrounding revenue recognition (quote-to-cash) process
- Review current revenue recognition processes/procedures and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of the close and reporting
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
- Work closely with credit and collection personnel to process cash collection applications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, experience with Oracle, and public accounting or public company experience are preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years general accounting experience with 2-3 years revenue accounting experience in hardware (with software) or manufacturing publicly traded company
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of U.S. GAAP on accounting for revenue under ASC 606
- Professional and positive communication and organizational skills, including an ability to clearly explain complex concepts to non-accounting personnel
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience working with large data sets, excel models or schedules
- Experience in preparing technical revenue research, including detailed knowledge of ASC 606 and other relevant current accounting guides
- Experience with process improvement projects and ability to manage multiple on-going projects.
- Diligent, highly efficient and accurate, with extreme attention to detail
- Self-starter, effective follow through and timely in providing status updates.
- Ability to work independently and productively in a dynamic environment, as well as being a solutions-oriented team player.