DASAN Zhone Solutions, Inc. – (NASDAQ: DZSI) is a global provider of ultra-broadband network access solutions and communications platforms deployed by advanced Tier 1, 2 and 3 service providers and enterprise customers. Our solutions are deployed by over 900 customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. Our ultra-broadband solutions are focused on creating significant value for our customers by delivering innovative solutions that empower global communication advancement by shaping the internet connection experience. Every connection matters, and the first connection to the internet and cloud services applications matters the most. Our principal focus is centered around enabling our customers to connect everything and everyone to the internet-cloud economy via ultra-broadband connectivity solutions.
We research, develop, test, sell, manufacture and support platforms in five major areas: broadband access, mobile backhaul, Ethernet switching with Software Defined Networking (“SDN”) capabilities, new enterprise solutions based on Passive Optical LAN (“POL”), and new generation of SDN/ Network Function Virtualization (“NFV”) solutions for unified wired and wireless networks. We have extensive regional development and support centers around the world to support our customer needs.
Dasan Zhone Solutions, Inc. (DZS) is actively seeking a Senior Software Development VoIP Engineer. This team member will be located in Seminole, Florida and will report to Software Development Manager.
Job Summary, Key Responsibilities and Qualifications:
General Role Description
The core engineering team in Florida is responsible for the development of high-speed, state of the art, network interface devices. Senior Software VoIP Engineers report directly to the Software Engineering Manager and design, develop, validate and maintain embedded Linux Voice over IP (VoIP) applications and drivers for MIPS and ARM microprocessors. Senior Software VoIP Engineers will also work closely with Product Managers, Field Service Engineers, and Test Engineers to develop an understanding of the voice technologies and customer needs.
- Lead a team of engineers to develop, enhance and maintain VoIP drivers and applications for custom hardware platforms
- Manage workload on multiple projects with fast design cycles for a broad family of ONT and CPE products
- Team with Global Service and Support to isolate and diagnose technical issues reported by internal and external customers
- Team with System Test/Release Test Lab Engineers to validate product functionality
- Interact with other internal functional groups to coordinate technical matter and to contribute technically on projects
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of embedded Linux software design experience
- Expertise in voice protocols and standards (SIP, MGCP, H.323)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong C programming skills
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas
- Experience with version control and problem tracking systems (ClearCase, Git, and Jira)
- Experience with Linux drivers (I2C, SPI, USB, UART, SLIC, etc.)
- Experience with data communication protocols and standards (PPP, DHCP, RADIUS, Routing, NAT, Bridging, VLANs, etc.)
- Experience with LAN/WAN protocols and standards (Ethernet, GPON, OMCI) desired
|Job Category||Software Engineering|