Return Merchandise Authorization
General RMA Process
- Provide the part numbers and serial numbers of the products to be repaired.
- In general, all product lines ship with a minimum one year standard warranty (may vary by contract).
- DZS will verify the warranty and provide the customer with a repair quote for anything that is not under warranty.
- DZS requires a purchase order or credit card for out of warranty fees.
Dead On Arrival (DOA) Process*
- See general process above.
- Replacement product will ship within 1 business day as long as product is available.
- Customer is required to agree to DZS’s Advanced Replacement RMA terms and conditions, available on the RMA request web form in order for us to ship product to you in advance of receiving the defective part(s).
*DOA is defined as equipment that fails out of the box within 30 days of shipment
Emergency Advance Replacement Process
- Provided to “Gold” contract customers only.
- Non-contract customers: available for a fee per item and subject to equipment availability. We must receive a purchase order in advance of shipment.
- Refer to general process above.
- Repair Cycle Time – approximately 15 business days
- Repair cost out of warranty – Varies by product line and is subject to change. The RMA Dept. will provide a repair quote (if applicable) at the time of the request
DZS warrants all repairs for 90 days or the remainder of the standard warranty (whichever is greater).
- Please package your unit carefully so it will not get damaged while being shipped. Never ship a chassis with cards installed inside, as damage to backplane connectors may occur if the package is dropped. Cards must be separately packaged and shipped in their own boxes.
- Remove accessory items such as cables and manuals. DO NOT send these items to us with your unit. We cannot guarantee that they will be returned to you.
- DO NOT send in any equipment without an RMA Return number or equipment, which was not approved for return. For Example, be sure to remove your modem cards before sending us your box unless all components were approved for the RMA. Please call us if you are not sure what should be sent to us on this RMA Return Number.
- Mark your Return RMA number clearly and boldly on the outside of the shipping box. Missing information will cause delays.
- Charges associated with shipping defective products back to DZS are the customer’s responsibility.