50G+ PON readiness, non-blocking architecture and leading-edge density earn V6 award from Business Intelligence Group for innovation in global communications space
DALLAS, Texas, USA, Tuesday, Feb 6th, 2023 – DZS (Nasdaq: DZSI), a global leader of access, optical and cloud-controlled software defined solutions, today announced that it is has won the 2023 BIG Innovation Product award from Business Intelligence Group (BIG) for its ground-breaking DZS Velocity V6 Fiber Access system. The V6 was honored for its vastly superior performance and capacity and support of future Passive Optical Networking (PON) technologies like 50G and 100G PON. The BIG Innovation Awards recognize exceptional innovation and achievement throughout a range of industries including finance, healthcare, manufacturing, and technology.
“Innovation is the life force for many organizations as the world and our culture continues to evolve,” said Maria Jimenez, chief nominations officer of the Business Intelligence Group. “We are honored to award disruptive companies like DZS and its Velocity V6 fiber access system with the BIG Innovation award this year.”
“Being recognized by for the 2023 BIG Innovation Telecommunications Product Award confirms the disruptive innovation that the Velocity V6 architecture has brought to the communications industry,” said Geoff Burke, SVP Product Marketing at DZS. “This award validates the unique and groundbreaking capabilities of the Velocity V6, which we believe has emerged as a front-runner among service providers looking to position themselves as technology leaders in their respective markets in the years to come.”
“With the DZS Velocity V6 system, DZS has stepped up with a game-changing solution that redefines how service providers deploy PON technology in high density locations by delivering market-leading performance,” said Miguel Alonso, Chief Product Officer, DZS. “In contrast with other solutions in the market, the DZS Velocity V6 stands ready to scale in-place and transform as new advanced services emerge and future-generation technologies like 50G and 100G PON become available.”
Burke added, “In addition to its differentiated performance capabilities, the Velocity V6 serves as an ideal form factor replacement and strategic upgrade solution for the widely deployed Huawei 6 rack unit (RU) Optical Line Terminal (OLT) chassis.”
When coupled with award-winning DZS Xtreme software, which allows carriers to quickly create and deploy unified services across a multi-vendor access environment, service providers can slash IT integration cycles from months or years down to weeks and cut potential integration costs by millions of dollars. For more information, read the DZS white paper “Create Transformational Services Quickly and Easily.”
Key DZS Velocity V6 Differentiators include:
- Extraordinary Performance and Capacity: The industry’s first platform with an architecture scaling to nearly a terabit of non-blocking switching capacity per slot, delivering maximum performance for today’s state-of-the-art 10 gigabit-class XGS-PON technologies to over 24,000 subscribers in a 6RU form factor
- Ready for Future PON Technologies: Supports simple in-place upgrades to the 50 Gbps and 100 Gbps PON and access technologies of tomorrow while maintaining non-blocking performance for all service types versus complete system replacement required by other vendors today
- Open Standards-based and SDN-enabled Software: Aligned with global standards and complemented by the award-winning DZS Cloud software solutions for orchestration, automation, service assurance and WiFi experience management
- Best of Both Worlds Support for Centralized and Disaggregated Architectures: Support for centralized and disaggregated deployment models provides carriers the operational simplicity of a chassis-based system with the flexibility and advantages of disaggregation
- An Expansive, Interoperable ONT and Gateway Portfolio: Supports a full array of Optical Networking Terminals (ONTs) and gateways with cutting-edge WiFi and proven third-party interoperability
- Huawei OLT Vendor Replacement Solution: The DZS Velocity V6 system can match the form factor while exceeding the density and performance of the most commonly deployed OLT systems from Chinese vendors by at least an order of magnitude, making it the ideal solution for service providers seeking to “cap and grow“ or “rip and replace“ their existing Huawei fiber access deployments with future-ready systems easily, safely and cost–effectively
Learn more about DZS Velocity V6.
DZS Inc. (Nasdaq: DZSI), a global leader of access, optical and cloud-controlled software defined solutions.
DZS, the DZS logo, and all DZS product names are trademarks of DZS Inc. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective holders. Specifications, products, and/or product names are all subject to change.
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events and our future results that are subject to the safe harbors created under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements reflect the beliefs and assumptions of the Company’s management as of the date hereof. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “goal,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “seek,” “should,” “target,” “will,” “would,” variations of such words, and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. The Company’s actual results could differ materially and adversely from those expressed in or contemplated by the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ include, but are not limited to, those risk factors contained in the Company’s SEC filings available at www.sec.gov, including without limitation, the Company’s annual report on Form 10-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and subsequent filings. In addition, additional or unforeseen affects from the COVID-19 pandemic and the global economic climate may give rise to or amplify many of these risks. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. DZS undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements for any reason.
For further information see: www.DZSi.com.
DZS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dzs_innovation
DZS on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/DZSi/
Kenny Vesey, Thatcher+Co.
Phone: +1 646.893.0036